So the deal was¬† closed yesterday as most people would know – unless you crawled under a rock – NTT DoCoMo has bought into a 26% stake in Tata Teleservices (The Indicom people). Rs 13,070 crore investment.
So what do I read in it –
- Recession – it is a subjective term, this is a time for the long term investors to come forward
- Indian Mobile Industry and Market – Still extremely nascent, There is a lot of potential in the form of VAS and even basic communication and data services.
- 3G – 3G services will quite possibly be of a world class if not better grade than the rest of the world, with some of the worlds most ablest providers in the market coming in…
- Some of the best technology phones – NTT DoCoMo pioneered live streaming television on mobile, but they also have phone which can alieviate the need to run around on trips with computers…
- NTT DoCoMo and Tata – CDMA brilliance – This might finally be a reason to switch to the Tata provided service – once number portability kicks in… In my opinion – if NTT brings in its technical knowhow, which I believe is quite likely
- Internet – And this one is wishful thinking but I can hope for it – NTT DoCoMo is providing FiBo (Fiber Optic) internet in Japan and with speeds up to 16 Mbps and unlimited… drool..